1- Why a new certification in big data at UL6S?
More and more industries are going digital. This modernisation generates a very large amount of data that can be used to measure, understand and improve an industrial process.
It is now necessary to be able to identify the problem and the associated data, to know how to prepare them, to create a model, to evaluate it on large quantities (Big Data) with a tangible result in practice on production means or any process, with a clear, repeatable and reproducible methodology, making it essential to set up a common repository of competences for all the existing forms of training in machine learning (MOOC, open, CTI, CPF, RCPF, bootcamps, private, self-taught, etc...)
Artificial intelligence now offers the possibility of applying machine learning to continuous improvement and operational performance projects based on a permanent flow of data (big data). The structured management of these projects is based on the CRISP-DM methodology inspired by DMAIC (LEAN 6 SIGMA NF X06-091 standard).
The independent certification of UL6S: «Management of Big data projects for operational performance with machine learning» verifies that the required skills combining technical and project management skills have enabled all the key phases to be carried out with a result certified by the company.
2- Who is this new certification for?
This certification is open to people with an industrial performance culture and/or a data science culture.
3- What are the main competences required and how can they be achieved?
Here are the competences that will be attested by the UL6S ( according to the CRISP-DM referential already proven in the automotive sector):
- Understanding the business case: to justify the value of AI and turn the use case into a business case.
- Understanding data: to assess the quality of the data, its biases, dependencies, types and how it was collected.
- Data preparation: to visualise the data, do data engineering to prepare the training set for the algorithm.
- Modelling: test several models to make the best prediction.
- Evaluation of the model: to measure and achieve the metric set at the beginning of the project by modifying the hyper-parameters.
- Deployment: to generalise the business case on a large scale.
- Project management skills: to synchronise the project phases in an efficient, agile and interactive way.
Evaluation methods: 2 phases will be required:
- A quiz on academic knowledge in machine learning and deep learning (CESI platform) and an application case on an imposed data set will be solved. It is possible to obtain at this stage a partial certification of knowledge.
- A defense will be organized in front of a Jury of UL6S peers in the field, on the basis of a file on a real project conducted in a company, structured according to the phases of CRISP-DM.
4- How to get it? :
Do you work in an industrial environment and are you passionate about big data analysis?
Leave us your email address via this link and we will send you the list of developed competences assessed and the name of the certification officer for further information.
5- A word from our President :